Ashen Plains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Shake Things Up A Bit!

Go down

Let's Shake Things Up A Bit! Empty Let's Shake Things Up A Bit!

Post  Luke Peterson Mon 11 Aug 2008, 2:07 pm

Fellow Kindred,

When Dame NicQuinn gracefully asked me to be her Harpy while she was Prince it was with only the joking mention of my destruction should I refuse. The comedy stemming from an incident that happened with Spectre publicly asking a Kindred to be his Sheriff and being humiliated by not getting the response that he wanted. Then, that Kindred was never seen or heard from again.

However, after I took the position I felt I could not do it justice. Far too many important events were being missed to feel as though I had my hand on the pulse of the massive artery that is Kindred society. Quietly, I slipped away into obscurity.

When Dame Mattox and Dame NicQuinn held their show of support to determine which of them would be Prince, I was not present. Truly, I did not even know that it was going to happen or how.

When Dame Mattox was revealed to be the Prince it was by her grace that Dame NicQuinn took the position of Harpy. It pains me to think that these two kindred are at odds with each other as I admire them both, but something had to break.

There is no doubt in my mind that Dame NicQuinn is harboring a grudge for having her Praxis challenged. This is entirely understandable. Any Prince who is unconcerned after having a city taken from them is no Prince at all.

Tragically, at the last gathering smug remarks were made that forced Prince Mattox to rethink the appointment of Harpy. It was obvious that Dame NicQuinn thought herself better than the Prince.

Perhaps Dame NicQuinn had been paying lip service to rumors that have been circulating that kindred have lost faith in their Prince since she was beaten into torpor unceremoniously. Curious, who is spreading those rumors since I've never heard it directly?

I was conflicted on whether or not I should take the position that Dame NicQuinn has recently vacated and have decided on several personal changes in my Requiem to acclimate to the viciousness inherit in our existence. It feels as though the Prince is simply plugging the role with somebody she trusts, but I cannot in good conscience be her yes-man. I am willing to take up this chore, but the sharpness of my tongue will not be dulled.

Hugs & Kisses,
Kelly Wax
Harpy of Omaha
Luke Peterson
Luke Peterson

Number of posts : 4
Name : Luke Peterson
Cam # : US2006047649
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum